2014년 9월 14일 일요일

First Draft Structure: Outline

1. The introduction, which warms up the audience, establishes goodwill and rapport with the readers, and announces the general theme or thesis of the argument.

I will highlight the importance of mental values, and especially the power of love by quoting Mahatma Gandhi(1869 - 1948) and Jim Morrison, the famous figures, to give my opinion convincing and public confidence. After describing how 'love' is influential to human life, then I will point out today's tendency, in which modern people do not know how to last romantic relationship and just take it lightly, presenting higher divorce rates in Korea(2002). Finally, I will emphasize the importance of enlightening people under this context, and claim that the answer is keeping face and communicating.

2. The narration, which summarizes relevant background material, provides any information the audience needs to know about the environment and circumstances that produce the argument, and set up the stakes-what’s at risk in this question. In academic writing, this often takes the form of a literature review.

I will provide brief theoretical background of my thesis, the theory of relativity, especially the three parts: relativity of simultaneity, time dilation, and principle of relativity. Then I will have readers turn their eyes on the importance of communication in long-term romantic relationship by presenting a study conducted by psychologist Bianca Acevedo and biological anthropologist Helen Fisher, and quoting Joshua Uebergang and Marie Willsey.

3. The confirmation,which lays out in a logical order (usually strongest to weakest or most obvious to most subtle) the claims that support the thesis, providing evidence for each claim.

First of all, I should emphasize that the most important key to last romantic relationship for a long while is 'interaction". After that, I will describe modern society in which people are not loving each other at the same time. Using Einstein's the special theory of relativity, I will claim that unless people do not keep pace with their partners, their time zones would be violated, and present the lyrics, 'Slow Motion' by Karina, accentuating the importance of keeping pace with one another. Also, I will highlight the importance of communicating again, then provide the ways to communicate successfully from the views of various figures who already studied the ways. The steps will be divided into three: to make it habit of using "I" or "me" statements, to listen to your partner, to keep the peace.

4. The refutation and concession, which looks at opposing viewpoints to the writer’s claims, anticipating objections from the audience, and allowing as much of the opposing viewpoints as possible without weakening the thesis.

Because this essay takes an unconventional view and was being developed uniquely, plenty of people are expected to refute my position. I think one of the probable counterarguments is that this one has scientific error. I will write that the opponents may claim that the theory of relativity cannot be applied on romantic relationship, but this argument is not accepted in this case, because the reason I suggested the Einstein's theory of relativity as the rationale of this essay, of course, was the purpose to give a convincing and novelty in my argument, using deployment method called analogy.

5. The summation, which provides a strong conclusion, amplifying the force of the argument, and showing the readers that this solution is the best at meeting the circumstances.

I will close this essay with accentuating the context, in which the modern society is becoming more and more deserted as it becomes progressive, emphasizing the importance of the spiritual values spreads. I will point out the jeopardy when the trend to downplay the spiritual values ​​in society becomes rampant, and the members of society are unable to utilize them properly, that society will be full of violence and cruelty, eventually sliding into catastrophe. After that, I will write that I sincerely hope that more people know and practice the ways I suggest, making the society emotionally richer, and more desirable community.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기